- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 250 ml single cream
- 200 g chocolate
Tips and Suggestions
The chocolate espresso is one the most popular drinks at Plaisir du Chocolat on Edinburgh's Royal Mile. I certainly enjoyed it out of my five chocolate tastings! Bertrand recommends using a very good quality couverture chocolate (professional name for chocolate with a high cocoa butter content). Plaisir du Chocolat uses 'Single Origin' couverture from Grenada where the cocoa content is 62%.
1. Bring the cream slowly to the boil in a heavy-based medium pan and take off the heat immediately.
2. Add the couverture chocolate and stir with a wooden spoon until completely melted.
3. Return to the heat. The ganache obtained will be very thick and could burn easily, so bring it back to the heat stirring constantly from the bottom of the pan.
4. As soon as bubbles appear on top of the thick liquid, take off the heat and pour into 4 warm small espresso cups.
5. Drink straight away or allow to cool, place in the fridge to set and serve as a dessert.
Rate This Recipe