- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus chilling time
- Effort: medium
- 250 g dark chocolate, broken into squares
- 250 g unsalted butter, cubed
- 125 g caster sugar
- 5 eggs plus 5 egg yolks
- 50 g plain flour
- clotted cream, to serve
1. Melt the chocolate and butter together in a heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of steaming water.
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk the sugar, whole eggs and yolks together until light and pale. Gradually add the melted chocolate to the egg mixture, then use a large metal spoon to carefully fold in the flour and a pinch of salt.
3. Pour the mixture into six 200ml non-stick dariole moulds, filling each one about half way up. Leave to chill in the fridge, overnight if possible.
4. When youre ready to cook the fondants, preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Remove the moulds from the fridge and let them come to room temperature.
5. Bake the fondants for 10 minutes, no longer. The outside should be set firm, while the middle remains molten. Serve immediately with clotted cream.
Rate This Recipe