- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus standing time
- Effort: easy
- 130 g unsalted butter
- 130 g dark chocolate, 70% cocoa solids
- 3 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 100 g icing sugar
- 2 oranges, zest only
- 70 g plain flour
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
1. Melt the butter and chocolate in a heatproof bowl placed over a pan of barely simmering water.
2. Combine the eggs and yolk with the icing sugar and orange zest; stir into the chocolate and butter mixture.
3. Sieve the flour, cocoa and baking powder and fold into cake batter. Leave this mixture to rest for 1 hour.
4. Brush 6 ramekins with melted butter and dust-out with cocoa powder.
5. Pipe the rested cake batter into the prepared ramekins and chill for a minimum of 3 hours or longer - 12 hours is ideal.
6. Bake the puddings at 180C/gas 4 for between 8-10 minutes. The sponge should be just set, and the centre still a little soft.
7. Leave to rest for 2 minutes before serving.
Rate This Recipe