- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the fondants
- 125 g butter
- 125 g dark chocolate
- 4 eggs
- 100 g caster sugar
- 60 g plain flour
For the moulds
- 1 tsp melted butter
- 1 tbsp flour
For the plums
- 4 plums, stones removed, sliced
- 50 g caster sugar
- vanilla ice cream, to serve
Tips and Suggestions
Dariol moulds are little individual metal pudding dishes suitable for steaming, oven baking and freezing.
1. For the chocolate fondants: heat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Melt the butter and chocolate in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water. Take care that the water doesnt touch the bottom of the bowl.
2. Whisk the eggs and sugar until pale and creamy and fold into the chocolate mixture with the flour.
3. Brush 6-8 dariole moulds with butter and dust with flour shaking out any excess. Fill each mould, three-quarters full, with the chocolate mixture, tapping each one to get rid of any air bubbles. Set on a baking tray.
4. Bake the dariole moulds for about 8-10 mins until just set.
5. For the plums: while the fondants are baking, cook the plums and sugar in a frying pan until they are about to break down. You may need to add 3-4 tablespoons water to help it on its way depending on the juiciness of the plums.
6. Run a knife around the sides of each dariole tin and turn the fondants out onto plates. Serve with the warm plums and a scoop of ice cream on the side.
Cook's tip: Dariol moulds are little individual metal pudding dishes suitable for steaming, oven baking and freezing.
Rate This Recipe