- Serves: 8
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 250 g unsalted butter, cut into pieces, plus extra for greasing
- flour, for dusting
- 250 g dark chocolate, (70% cocoa solids), broken in pieces
- 5 whole eggs
- 5 egg yolks
- 140 g sugar
- 65 g plain flour
For the chocolate sauce:
- 450 ml milk
- 90 g sugar
- 90 ml double cream
- 600 g dark chocolate, (70% cocoa solids), broken in pieces
- 90 g unsalted butter, cut into pieces
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas 4.
2. Butter and flour eight 150ml stainless steel moulds.
3. Melt the chocolate and the 250g of butter in a heat-proof bowl set over boiling water.
4. Beat the whole eggs, yolks and sugar in a large mixing bowl for about 5 minutes until the mixture doubles in volume and becomes light and fluffy.
5. Whisk the flour into the melted butter and chocolate. Allow to cool slightly, then fold into the egg mixture.
6. Spoon the mixture into the prepared moulds. Place in the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes.
7. Meanwhile, make the sauce. Put the milk, sugar and cream in a saucepan and bring to the boil.
8. Put the chocolate in a mixing bowl. Add the milk mixture and stir until the chocolate has melted. Whisk in the butter to give the sauce some gloss.
9. Turn out the puddings onto serving dishes. Serve with the sauce.
Rate This Recipe