- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes plus chilling and freezing time
- Effort: easy
For the mascarpone ice cream
- 300 ml double cream
- 200 ml milk
- 2 vanilla pods
- 6 egg yolks
- 250 g caster sugar
- 500 g mascarpone
For the chocolate fondants
- 50 g melted butter, for brushing
- cocoa powder, for dusting
- 200 g dark chocolate, chopped into small pieces
- 200 g butter, in small pieces
- 4 egg yolks
- 4 eggs
- 200 g golden caster sugar
- 200 g plain flour
- 100 g white chocolate, broken into 6 pieces
1. For the mascarpone Ice cream: place cream, milk and split vanilla pods in a pan and scorch.
2. Whisk egg yolks and sugar together till pale and creamy. Pour milk/cream mix onto egg yolks, stirring continually.
3. Return mix to the pan on a low heat, stirring continually. Strain into a bowl containing the mascarpone, and whisk to combine.
4. Allow to cool then place into churner (ice-cream maker) for 15-18mins. Place in freezer and serve with the chocolate fondants.
5. For the chocolate fondants: brush some pudding moulds with melted butter and dust with cocoa powder.
6. Melt the dark chocolate and butter in a bain marie. Whisk eggs and sugar till thick.
7. Sift flour into the egg mix and fold. Allow chocolate mix to cool slightly then add to the egg mix in batches. Fold together to form a lose cake batter.
8. Pour batter into moulds up to the half way point, and place a nugget of white chocolate in the middle. Pour more batter into the mould until three quarters full. Chill for 20mins
9. Heat the over to 190C/170C fan/gas 5 and bake the chocolate fondants for 12-14 mins.
Rate This Recipe