- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 150 g good quality dark chocolate
- 150 g unsalted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 150 ml warm water
- 110 g caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 25 g self-raising flour, sieved
- pinches of cream of tartar
- icing sugar, to dust
- lightly whipped cream, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6. Heat the chocolate, butter, vanilla, water and sugar in a bowl over a pan of simmering water. Once melted, take off the heat and stir until the mixture is smooth.
2. Separate the eggs, whisk the yolks into the chocolate mixture and fold in the sieved flour. In a separate dry, clean bowl whisk the egg whites with a pinch of cream of tarter until it forms stiff peaks.
3. Gently fold this into the chocolate mixture and pour into a 1.2 litre pie dish or 6 individual dishes.
4. Put in a bain marie and cook for 10 minutes, then lower the heat to 170C/ gas 3 - 4 and cook for a further 15-20 minutes. The pudding should be firm on top but still fudgy underneath.
5. Cool a little and dredge with icing sugar. Serve with lightly whipped cream.
Looking for more fudge ideas? Check out our Best ever fudge recipes.
Rate This Recipe