- Effort: easy
- 150 g unsalted butter, diced, plus a little extra for greasing and melting
- 150 g bitter chocolate
- 225 g caster sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 75 g plain flour
- 25 g bitter cocoa powder
- icing sugar, for dusting
1. Heat the oven to 180C/160C fan/ gas 4.
2. Grease six small muffin moulds or silicon cups with a little melted butter. Dust with cocoa powder.
3. Put the butter and chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water. Dont allow the base of the bowl to touch the water. Once melted, set aside to cool.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk the sugar and eggs until pale and fluffy.
5. Add the cooled melted chocolate mixture and whisk well to incorporate.
6. Sift in the flour, cocoa powder and a pinch of salt, then fold through.
7. Spoon the mixture into the prepared moulds and put them on a baking tray. Cook in the centre of the oven for 10-12 minutes.
8. Leave the moulds on a cooling rack to cool completely. Serve at room temperature with a dusting of icing sugar.
Rate This Recipe