- Serves: makes about 200g
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus 2-3 hrs setting time
- Effort: medium
- 25 g unsalted butter
- 200 g caster sugar
- 4 tbsp golden syrup
- 1 tbsp bicarbonate of soda
- 200 g good quality milk chocolate
- 1-2 tsp vegetable oil
1. Grease a 20cm square tin with the butter.
2. Melt the sugar and golden syrup together in a heavy based pan over a low heat.
3. Increase the heat to medium and simmer for 3-4 minutes, until the mixture is thick and a dark caramel colour.
4. Remove from the heat and immediately whisk in the bicarbonate of soda so that the mixture froths up.
5. Pour into the tin and leave to set at room temperature for about 2-3 hours.
6. Grease a large sheet of foil with the vegetable oil.
7. Once set, bash the honeycomb into large shards/splinters.
8. Melt the chocolate in a microwave oven or in a bowl over a pan of simmering (not boiling) water.
9. Dip the shards of honeycomb into the melted chocolate and place them on a lightly oiled foil sheet.
10. Leave to set in the fridge for about 20 minutes.
Rate This Recipe