- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 200 g ginger cakes, chopped into chunks
- a good glug of your favourite liqueur such as tia maria, or Baileys
- 75 g blanched flaked almonds, toasted
- 200 g chocolate ice cream
- 200 ml whipping or double cream, whipped
- crushed shortbread, for sprinkling
- chocolate shavings, to garnish
For the chocolate sauce:
- 225 g dark chocolate, roken into squares
- 150 ml milk
- 75 ml double cream
- 40 g sugar
1. First make the chocolate sauce. Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl suspended over a pan of simmering water.
2. Meanwhile gently bring the milk, cream and sugar to the boil in a small saucepan. Stir the hot milk mixture into the melted chocolate and set aside to cool.
3. Place a few bits of ginger cake in the bottom of 4 sundae glasses.
4. Add a dash of liqueur to the cake, then top with a little chocolate sauce, followed by ice-cream, more chocolate sauce and toasted almonds.
5. Repeat until the glasses are nearly full. Top each portion with whipped cream, shortbread and chocolate shavings. Serve at once.
Rate This Recipe