- Serves: makes 12
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Effort: medium
For the cinder toffee
- 75 g honey
- 140 g liquid glucose
- 400 g caster sugar
- 5 tbsp water
- 20 g bicarbonate of soda, sifted
For the lollipops
- 300 g dark chocolate, minimum 70% cocoa solids
- 12 lollipop sticks
Tips and Suggestions
You will have leftover honeycomb from this recipe, you could put these in cellophane bags to give as edible gifts or serve with a bowl of melted chocolate for guests to dip into themselves.
1. For the honeycomb: Place the honey, glucose, sugar and water in a heavy-based saucepan, stir well and heat to 148C, check using a sugar thermometer. Meanwhile, line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
2. Once the temperature is reached, remove the pan from the heat and quickly stir in the bicarbonate of soda, be careful as the mixture may froth up suddenly. Pour the mixture into the prepared tray and set aside to cool.
3. When the toffee has cooled completely, use a rolling pin to bash it into small pieces and set aside.
4. For the lollipops: Put the chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of gently simmering water, making sure the bottom of the bowl doesnt touch the water. Leave until the chocolate has melted.
5. Take a non-stick baking tray or silicone sheet and pour about 2 tablespoons of the melted chocolate onto it in the shape of a circle. Set a lollipop stick in the centre of the chocolate circle then sprinkle over some of the honeycomb pieces. Repeat with the remaining chocolate, lollipop sticks and honeycomb.
6. Leave the lollipops in a cool, dry place until the chocolate has set. Finally, carefully lift them from the tray or silicone and serve as they are or place in cellophane bags to give as an edible gift.
Rate This Recipe