- Serves: Makes 20
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 30 g golden syrup
- 140 g liquid glucose
- 5 tbsp water
- 400 g sugar
- 100 g malted milk drink granules
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 400 g milk chocolate
1. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Combine the golden syrup, liquid glucose, water and sugar in a deep, heavy-based saucepan and heat gently, stirring occasionally, until the sugar dissolves. Increase the heat and cook until the mixture starts to look translucent.
3. Add the malt powder and whisk to combine. Add the baking powder and the mixture should foam up.
4. Pour the mixture onto the lined baking tray and leave to set.
5. Once the surface of the malted honeycomb has set slightly and the mixture is cool enough to handle, dig a melon baller into the mixture and scoop out enough to shape into balls in your hands. Leave the balls to set completely on a fresh piece of baking paper, then transfer them to the fridge to cool.
6. Put the chocolate into a small heatproof bowl and set it over a saucepan of simmering water until the chocolate melts.
7. Take the malted balls, dip them into the melted chocolate to coat and leave them on a wire rack to set.
Rate This Recipe