- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes plus chilling
- Effort: medium
- 300 ml double cream, whipped
- 200 g sifted icing sugar
- 1 egg white, whisked to stiff peaks
- 225 g dark chocolate, minimum 75% - 85% cocoa solids, broken into pieces
- 10 tbsp hot water
- 1 orange, finely grated zest only
- 1 tbsp orange liqueur
- grated chocolate or orange zest, to decorate
1. Fold together the whipped cream, 2 tablespoons of the icing sugar and the whisked egg white - the mixture should be thick and light. Cover and chill in the fridge.
2. Melt the chocolate with the 4 tablespoons of the hot water in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering (not boiling) water. Keep stirring until the mixture is smooth. Add the remaining icing sugar and the remaining hot water, stirring until smooth.
3. Pour the mixture into a pan and bring to the boil. Immediately remove from the heat, stir in the orange zest and set aside to cool.
4. Add the liqueur to the cooled chocolate mixture and stir - don't add the alcohol until the mixture is cold otherwise the alcohol will evaporate.
5. Fold the chocolate mixture into the cream mixture. You can either leave the mixture streaked and marbled or keep stirring until a uniform colour.
6. Pour into a serving bowl and decorate with grated chocolate or orange zest. Chill until ready to serve.
Rate This Recipe