- Serves: 4
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus 2 hrs chilling
- Effort: easy
- 125 g raisins
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 3 tbsp cognac
- 200 g dark chocolate
- 150 ml ready-made vanilla custard
- 300 ml crème fraîche
- 1 tbsp black coffee
- 1 egg white
- 50 ml double cream
- shavings dark chocolate
1. Mix the raisins, sugar and cognac in a small bowl. Cover with cling film and leave to soak.
2. Meanwhile, break the chocolate into pieces and melt in a bain-marie or in a bowl placed over a pan of simmering (not boiling) water. Stir the melted chocolate to achieve an even consistency. Remove from the heat and allow the chocolate to cool.
3. Slowly add the custard to the cooled chocolate.
4. Whisk the crème fraîche until it forms peaks, then add the coffee. Slowly fold in the raisins and any cognac left after soaking.
5. Whisk the egg white in a clean grease-free bowl - this is very important.
6. Gently fold one spoonful of egg white into the chocolate/custard mixture. Repeat this process slowly until all of the egg white has been evenly incorporated.
7. Put the mixture into 4 Knickerbocker glasses and leave to set for about 2 hours in the fridge.
8. Just before serving, whisk the cream until thick and spoon on top of each mousse. Decorate with chocolate shavings.
Rate This Recipe