- Serves: Makes 20 muffins
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes plus 2 hrs chilling
- Effort: easy
- 250 g butter
- 190 g caster sugar
- 4-5 eggs
- 250 g strong bread flour
- 20 g baking powder
- 60 ml milk
- 100 g chocolate chips
- 150 g drinking chocolate
- 20 squares of dark chocolate, 70% cocoa solids
1. In a mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar with a wooden spoon until white and fluffy.
2. Add in the eggs, one at a time, mixing well with each addition, and whisk together for 5 minutes.
3. Sift the flour and baking powder, add to the butter mixture and fold together until well-blended.
4. Add in the milk and the drinking chocolate and mix for 1 minute. Fold in the chocolate chips.
5. Refrigerate the mixture for 2 hours.
6. Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas 6.
7. Line muffin trays with paper cases, making 20 muffin cases in all.
8. Place a teaspoon of the muffin mixture in each case. Top each case with a square of chocolate, then add another teaspoon and a half of the muffin mixture on top.
9. Bake the muffins for 15-20 minutes until cooked through and risen. Remove and serve warm from the oven.
Rate This Recipe