- Serves: 8
- Cook Time:
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus cooling
- Effort: easy
- 675 g dark chocolate, (70% Cocoa), broken into chunks
- 450 g unsalted butter
- 675 g caster sugar
- 10 eggs
1. Preheat the oven to 160C/140C fan/gas 3.
2. Melt the chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl over a pan of boiling water, making sure the water does not touch the bottom of the bowl.
3. Whisk the eggs and sugar together with an electric whisk for around ten minutes until a thick, pale, foam forms.
4. Fold the chocolate & butter mixture into the foam combining thoroughly and pour into a foil-lined 27cm springform cake tin.
5. Place the tin in a roasting dish and pour in enough hot water to come half way up the side of the cake tin. Bake for 55 minutes until just set.
6. Allow to cool completely. Remove from the tin and serve with crème fraîche.
Rate This Recipe