- Serves: 6-8
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes plus overnight chilling
- Effort: medium
- 250 g dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 2 tbsp brandy
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 75 g pistachio nuts
- 110 g chopped mixed nuts
- 300 ml double cream
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- pouring cream, to serve
1. Line a 23cm x 12cm loaf tin with cling film.
2. Melt the chocolate with the brandy and golden syrup in a heatproof bowl suspended over a saucepan of simmering water.
3. In a food processor whiz the pistachio nuts until finely crumbed.
4. Spread the crumbed pistachio nuts on the base of the lined loaf tin.
5. Remove the melted chocolate from the heat and set to one side to cool.
6. Whip the double cream until it just holds its shape, then fold into the cooled chocolate mixture.
7. Stir in the chopped mixed nuts.
8. Spoon this mixture over the crumbed pistachio nuts. Cool, cover and refrigerate overnight.
9. To serve invert the pudding on to a serving dish and sift over the cocoa powder.
10. Cut into slices and serve with pouring cream.
Rate This Recipe