- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes plus cooling time
- Effort: easy
- 5 tbsp milk
- 50 g dark chocolate
- 75 g self-raising flour
- 1 tbsp icing sugar, plus extra for dusting
- 1 egg
- sunflower oil, for frying
- vanilla ice cream
- chopped chocolate
- chopped pistachio nuts
1. Heat the milk and chocolate together until melted and smooth, then leave to cool a little.
2. Put the flour and sugar in a bowl, add the egg and the cooled chocolate milk and beat with a wooden spoon until smooth.
3. Heat a little oil in large non-stick pan and drop in spoonfuls of the mixture: you should get about 4 in a pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until puffed up and cooked through. Remove from the pan and repeat with the remaining mixture.
4. To serve, stack three pancakes per person on a plate, dust with a little icing sugar, then top with a scoop of ice cream and a sprinkling of chopped chocolate and nuts.
Rate This Recipe