- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus setting
- Effort: easy
- 200 g dark chocolate, (at least 70% cocoa content), broken into pieces
- 100 ml double cream
- 150 g pistachio nuts, finely chopped
- cocoa powder, for dusting
- 100 ml mascarpone cream
1. In a bowl suspended over a pan of simmering water, slowly melt the chocolate until smooth and glossy.
2. Gently heat the cream in a separate saucepan until warm. Pour the warm cream onto the melted chocolate and mix well until incorporated. Mix in 50g of the finely chopped pistachio nuts. Set aside to cool and firm up (you can refrigerate the mixture to speed up the process if desired).
3. Once firm, take teaspoons of the mixture and roll into walnut-sized balls, then leave to set on a tray lined with greaseproof paper.
4. Once set, place another 50g of the finely chopped pistachio nuts in a bowl and roll the truffles in the nuts. Dust with cocoa powder.
5. Mix the remaining pistachios with the mascarpone cream and serve in a bowl alongside the truffles.
Rate This Recipe