- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 225 g flour
- 01 pinches salt
- 115 g unsalted butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 tbsp cold water
- 25 g caster sugar
- 350 g ricotta cheese
- 75 g caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 50 g blanched almonds, finely chopped
- 50 g chopped mixed candied peel
- 01 lemons, grated zest only
- 01/2 oranges, grated zest only
- 4 drops vanilla extract
- 115 g dark chocolate, grated
- 1 tbsp icing sugar, for serving
1. First make the pasta frolla. Add the flour and butter to a large mixing bowl and rub through with your fingers until it's the consistency of breadcrumbs. Mix in the yolk, water and sugar and knead the mixture lightly and gently to ensure a light crumbly pastry. Form the pastry into a ball, wrap in cling film and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
2. While the pastry is resting prepare the filling. Place the ricotta in a sieve to drain off any excess water.
3. In a mixing bowl place the drained ricotta and sugar. Add in the sugar. Beat in the eggs one at a time with a spoon. One at a time, mix in the almonds, mixed peel, lemon and orange zest, vanilla extract and grated chocolate, mixing well between each addition. Cover and chill.
4. Preheat the oven to 180ºC/Gas 4. Finely roll out the pastry on a well-floured surface. Line a 25cm flan case with the pastry. Trim the pastry edges. Gather the pastry trimmings together.
5. Fill the pastry case with the ricotta mixture, smoothing it even. Roll out the pastry trimmings. Cut into 2.5cm wide strips. Arrange the strips in a lattice pattern over the ricotta mixture.
6. Bake in the oven for 45-50 minutes until the pastry has turned pale golden-brown. Remove the tart and allow to cool. Dust with sifted icing sugar just before serving.
Rate This Recipe