- Serves: 8-10
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 250 g granulated sugar
- 250 dry white wine
- 1/2 lemon, juice only
- 600 ml double cream
- 1 sprigs rosemary
- 160 g dark chocolate, grated
- 8-10 small sprigs of rosemary
1. Mix the sugar, white wine and lemon juice together in a heavy-bottomed pan. Stir over a medium heat until the sugar has dissolved.
2. Pour in the double cream and simmer for about 20 minutes, stirring frequently until thickened.
3. Add the rosemary and chocolate, stirring until the chocolate has completely dissolved. Bring back to a simmer.
4. Cook over a very gentle heat for 15 to 20 minutes, until the mixture is dark and thick.
5. Strain into a jug, and cool until tepid, stirring frequently to prevent the mixture splitting. Pour into 8-10 small ramekins, or small glasses and refrigerate until softly set.
6. Decorate each pot with a sprig of rosemary and a sprinkling of almonds.
Rate This Recipe