- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus overnight chilling
- Effort: easy
- 12 amaretti biscuits
- 4 splashes of cognac
- 270 g dark chocolate, broken into squares
- 50 g butter
- 7 egg yolks
- 7 egg whites
- 300 ml double cream
- 1/2 vanilla pod
- 100 g icing sugar
- 4 mint leaves
- 4 physalis
- 8 raspberries
- icing sugar, for dusting
1. Place three amaretti biscuits each in four ramekins. Pour a splash of Cognac over each portion.
2. Melt the chocolate and butter in a large bowl suspended over a pan of simmering water.
3. Once the chocolate and butter have melted, remove from direct heat. Beat in the egg yolks, one at a time and set aside to cool slightly.
4. In a mixing bowl whisk the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold the whisked egg whites into the chocolate mixture.
5. Pour the chocolate mixture over the amaretti biscuits, leaving enough space in each ramekin for a layer of cream.
6. Cover and chill in the refrigerator overnight.
7. Place the double cream in a whisking bowl. Slice the vanilla pod lengthways and scoop out the seeds into the cream. Add the icing sugar and whisk until stiff peaks form.
8. Spread the whipped cream over the set chocolate mixture, smoothing the surface of the cream.
9. Garnish each ramekin with a mint leaf, a physallis and 2 raspberries. Dust with icing sugar and serve.
Rate This Recipe