- Serves: 440ml
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 115 g caster sugar
- 250 ml water
- 60 g good quality cocoa powder
- 125 ml single cream
- vanilla ice cream, to serve
- nuts, for sprinkling
1. Place the sugar and water in a small saucepan and place over a high heat. Stir until dissolved and bring to the boil.
2. Add in the cocoa powder and cream and whisk to combine. Reduce the heat and cook at a simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from direct heat and cool for 15 minutes.
3. Using a tall ice cream sundae glass, pour some of the chocolate sauce into the bottom. Next add a scoop of ice cream, then pour on some more sauce, then top with ice-cream again. Continue layering in this fashion until you reach the top of the glass. Sprinkle with chopped nuts.
4. Repeat the process making 4 servings in all. Serve at once.
Rate This Recipe