- Serves: 1
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 35 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the macaroons
- 2 egg whites
- 100 g caster sugar
- 160 g desiccated coconut
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
For the syllabub
- 125 ml strong coffee
- 250 g organic dark chocolate, 70% cocoa solids
- 4 eggs
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4. Mix all the ingredients together for the macaroons in a large bowl.
2. Shape the mixture into macaroons and place onto a non-stick baking sheet. Bake for 12-15 minutes, until the macaroons are lightly toasted. Remove from the oven and leave to cool.
3. To make the syllabub, place the coffee and chocolate in a bowl over a pan of gently simmering water and stir until the chocolate has completely melted.
4. In a separate bowl, beat the egg yolks until thick.
5. Fold the eggs into the chocolate, to create a rich custard - this should still be warm but not hot enough to curdle the eggs.
6. In a clean bowl, whisk the egg whites until stiff. Fold the egg whites into the chocolate custard and whilst still slightly warm and spoon into glasses. Serve with the macaroons.
Rate This Recipe