- Serves: Makes 12 slices
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes plus 3 hrs chilling
- Effort: medium
- 600 g dark chocolate, broken in small pieces
- 225 ml whipping cream
- 325 g unsalted butter, melted
- 6 egg yolks
- 85 g icing sugar, sifted
- 90 ml orange liqueur, such as Triple Sec
- strawberry or raspberry coulis, to serve
1. Line a loaf tin with cling film, making sure the film is pushed into all the corners.
2. Put the chocolate and cream in a heat-proof bowl set over a saucepan of boiling water. Stir carefully until smooth and lump free.
3. Add the melted butter to the chocolate, whisking well to fully incorporate all the ingredients. Keep warm.
4. Put the egg yolks, sugar and liqueur in a large heatproof bowl set over another saucepan of boiling water. Beat vigorously for about 5 minutes until mixture is thick, pale and at the ribbon stage.
5. A little at a time, add the warm chocolate mixture to the yolk mixture, whisking well.
6. Pour the chocolate mixture into the prepared loaf tin. Knock on the work surface to release any air bubbles. Allow to cool then chill for several hours.
7. Serve in slices with berry coulis.
Rate This Recipe