- Serves: Makes up to 40
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus setting time
- Effort: easy
- 110 g soft butter
- 225 g icing sugar
- 175 g desiccated coconut
- 110 g mixed candied peel
- 110 g chopped walnuts
- 110 g glacé cherries, chopped
- 110 g sultanas
- few drops vanilla essence
- 2 tsp kirsch
- 200 g dark chocolate
- Coloured fondant icing, to decorate
1. Cream together the butter and icing sugar. Add the coconut, candied peel, walnuts, glacé cherries, sultanas, vanilla essence and kirsch. Mix well.
2. Put the mixture in fridge and leave for 20 minutes to firm.
3. When cold, form the mixture into balls about 2cm in diameter.
4. Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of simmering water. When it is melted, take the pan off the heat and dip the balls into the chocolate to cover them. Lay them on a tray lined with greaseproof paper and put in the fridge to set.
5. Once the chocolate had hardened, the balls can be decorated with drizzles of white chocolate or coloured fondant icing to resemble Christmas puddings.
Rate This Recipe