- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 6 large fresh scallops, sliced in half
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 250 ml chicken stock
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 heads pak choi, finely sliced lengthways
- 500 g choi sum, thinly sliced lengthways
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves
- 1 tbsp short fine strips of ginger, rinsed in ice water
- 1 pinch of ground white pepper
Tips and Suggestions
Pak choi and choi sum can be found in Chinese food shops and are increasingly available in supermarkets
1. Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan. Add the scallops and stir-fry until cooked, around 1-2 minutes. Remove the scallops and set aside.
2. Add the garlic to the wok and stir-fry until browned. Pour in the stock, oyster sauce and sugar, mixing well.
3. Add the pak choi, choi sum and fried scallops. Stir-fry for 1-2 minutes.
4. Mix the cornflour and water together then add to the wok, mixing well. Add the coriander, ginger and white pepper. Stir-fry briefly. Serve at once.
Rate This Recipe