- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 450 g little Gem lettuce
- 225 g fresh uncooked prawns
- 225 g red peppers
- 110 g asparagus
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 tbsp finely chopped garlic
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh root ginger
- 4 tbsp coarsely chopped spring onions
- 1 tbsp low salt soy sauce
- 2 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- small bowl of hoisin sauce, to serve
1. Separate, wash and dry the lettuce leaves.
2. Peel the prawns and discard the shells. Using a small sharp knife, partially split the
prawns lengthways and remove the fine digestive cord if you are short of time you
can omit this stage. Pat the prawns dry with kitchen paper and coarsely chop them.
3. Finely dice the peppers and asparagus and set aside.
4. Heat the wok until it is hot, then add the oil. Add the garlic, ginger and spring onions
and stir-fry for 10-15 seconds. Put in the vegetables, pepper, soy sauce, hoisin sauce
and sesame oil, and continue to stir-fry for 3 minutes. Add the prawns and continue
to cook for about 2 minutes or until the prawns are cooked. Turn the mixture on to a
5. Arrange the lettuce on a separate plate, put the hoisin sauce in a small bowl and serve. Each guest puts a heap of each ingredient on a lettuce leaf, wraps it up and eats it with the fingers.
Rate This Recipe