- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 1 hour 35 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the pastry
- 450 g flour, plus extra for dusting
- 50 ml milk
- 150 g chopped lard
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
For the filling
- 4 chicken breasts, cut into cubes4
- 450 g pork sausage meat
- 225 g chorizo, chopped
- 1 tsp ground smoked paprika
- pinch ground allspice
- 1 tbsp chopped rosemary
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- pickles, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4.
2. For the pastry: sift the flour into a bowl and season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
3. Put the milk and lard into a saucepan with 50ml water and heat gently until the lard has melted. Bring just to the boil, then pour the liquid onto the flour mix and stir well.
4. Turn the mixture onto a floured surface and knead for 3-4 minutes.
5. Roll the dough out and line a pork pie tin with dough, reserving enough pastry for a lid. (If the dough is difficult to roll, press it into the tin.)
6. For the filling: combine all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and mix well.
7. Press the prepared filling into the pie shell. Brush around the top edge of the pastry shell with egg wash, add the pastry lid, then cut a hole in the centre of the top. Brush the top with egg wash, cover with tinfoil and bake for 1 hour 30 minutes. Allow to cool completely.
8. To serve, cut the cold pie into thick slices and accompany with pickles.
Rate This Recipe