- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 450 g chorizo sausages, chopped into chunks
- 1 small onion, liced length ways
- 1 clove garlic, roughly chopped
- 110 ml Manzanilla sherry
- 110 g sugar
- 110 ml red wine vinegar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/2 tsp cloves
- 6 figs, quartered
1. Heat the olive oil in a heavy-based, medium saucepan. Add the chorizo, onion and garlic and fry, stirring often, until the onion is golden brown.
2. Stir in the sherry, sugar, vinegar, cinnamon and cloves. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring now and then.
3. Just before serving, add the figs and heat through.
Rate This Recipe