- Serves: 6 as a side dish
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 450baby g potatoes
- 1 tbsp light olive oil
- 200 g chorizo, very finely diced
- 1 red onion, very finely sliced
- 2 tbsp flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp coriander, chopped
- 2 tbsp mint, chopped
- coarsesea salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the dressing
- 1-2 tbsp harissa
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 large unwaxed lemon, juice and zest
- 1 unwaxed orange, zest only
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1. Tip the potatoes into a pan of boiling salted water and cook for 10-12 minutes, until they are tender to the point of a knife.
2. Heat the olive oil in a heavy-based frying-pan. Add the chorizo and cook for 2-3 minutes until crisp - this is really important as it means that all the oils are released.
3. Drain well in a sieve, reserving all the oil.
4. Make the dressing by mixing the harrissa, garlic, lemon, zest and extra virgin olive oil.
5. Drain the potatoes and, while they are still warm, add the red onion and stir in the reserved chorizo oil, along with the dressing. Cool to room temperature.
6. Stir in the herbs, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and stir in the chorizo.
Rate This Recipe