- Serves: 4
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 50 g unsalted butter, to start
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- chives, finely chopped
- 4 chorizo sausages
- 100 g arborio risotto rice
- 500 ml hot chicken stock
- 2 heaped tbsp grated parmesan
- olive oil
- 1 tbsp chilli oil, (optional)
1. Heat chilli oil in a heavy-based saucepan, add the onion and cook until soft (about 5 mins).
2. In a separate pan, pour in a splash of olive oil and add the chorizo. Cook it evenly on all sides, turning regularly until cooked through.
3. Add the rice in with the onion and half of the butter and cook for a minute or two.
4. Pour in the heated chicken stock in with the rice and the onion. Keep stirring the rice and once it has absorbed the stock, pour in some more. Keep doing this until the rice has softened (you may not need to use it all). Once the rice is creamy and fluffy, but with each grain having a little bite to it, the risotto is ready.
5. Remove from the heat, sprinkle in the parmesan and stir in, along with the rest of the butter.
6. Remove the chorizo from the pan and slice. Stir into the risotto and serve with a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkling of chives.
Rate This Recipe