- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 400 g minced pork, a mixture of belly and shoulder
- 300 g raw spicy chorizo sausages, skin removed, cut into small peices
- 1 small bunch coriander, finely chopped
- olive oil, for frying
- 2 cloves roast garlic
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- 4 white sesame bun
- ½ red onions, sliced
- 50 g wild rocket
- 2 piquillo peppers, or more if needed, sliced
- mayonnaise, to serve
1. Put the minced pork, chorizo and coriander in a large bowl. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper and mix until just combined. (This is best done by hand; dont over-work the mixture or the burgers will be tough.)
2. Wet your hands and shape the mixture into 4large or 6small burgers.
3. Preheat a griddle pan, barbecue or heavy-based non-stick frying pan.
4. Using a little olive oil, if necessary, cook the burgers on a medium heat for about 5 minutes on each side, turning them once only.
5. While the burgers are cooking, mash the roast garlic and combine it with the mayonnaise.
6. To serve, put a dollop of garlic mayonnaise on each bun and add some sliced onion and rocket. Top with a hot burger and finish with strips of piquillo pepper.
Rate This Recipe