- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes for soaking
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 350 g potatoes
- splash vegetable oil
- 200 g chorizo sausages, chopped
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- small bunch thyme leaves, shredded
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
For the salsa
- 3 plum tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/2 small onion, sliced
- 1 chipotle dried chilli, stems removed, covered in boiling water and soaked for 20 mins
- handful coriander, chopped
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 8 small corn tortillas
Tips and Suggestions
For more tip-top inspiration, take a look at our favourite Perfect... recipes
1. Cook the potatoes until tender, leave to cool a little and then dice.
2. Heat the oil in a large, heavy-based frying pan and fry the chorizo until it starts to exude fat.
3. Add the onions, thyme and salt, cook until soft then add the garlic.
4. Cook for a few minutes before stirring in the potato. Turn up the heat and fry for another 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
For the salsa
5. Heat a large, heavy-based frying pan over a high heat, place the tomatoes, garlic and onion in the dry pan and roast until they are blackened, blistered and soft. The tomatoes will take a little longer so remove the garlic and onion after 5-10 minutes.
6. Blend the vegetables with the dried chipotle chilli and coriander. Season to taste with the lime juice and salt.
For more Mexican-inspired recipes, see our Central American favourites
Rate This Recipe