- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 350 g spaghetti
- 2 tbsp light olive oil
- 150 g spicy chorizo, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp dried red chilli flakes
- 1.5 kg Palourde clams
- 1 dashes of fino sherry
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 handfuls wild rocket
1. Lower the spaghetti into a pan of boiling, salted water, stir once, then cook for 8 -10 minutes until al dente.
2. Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a heavy-based saucepan with a tight-fitting lid.
3. Add the chorizo and cook for a couple of minutes until it has begun to release its oil and has gone crispy.
4. Remove half of the chorizo with a slotted spoon leaving as much of the chorizo oil in the pan as possible. Drain the removed chorizo on kitchen paper.
5. Add the garlic and chilli flakes to the pan and cook for about 20 seconds, stirring all the time.
6. Next turn the heat right up and add the clams and sherry. Cover with the lid and leave to cook for 2-3 minutes shaking the pot occasionally.
7. When the pasta is cooked, drain and then tip into the pan with the clams and chorizo.
8. Stir in the extra virgin olive oil, rocket and plenty of black pepper. You will need little or no salt as the chorizo and clams are really salty.
9. Serve immediately in warmed deep bowls with the removed chorizo as garnish.
Rate This Recipe