- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 850 g peeled floury potatoes, (weigh after peeling), cut into 5mm slices
- 75 g chorizo, cut into 5mm-thick slices
- 2 leeks, (about 225g when trimmed), cut into 5mm slices
- 2 large cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 15 g butter
- 375 g double or regular cream
- 40 g parmesan, finely grated
- green salad, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4.
2. Divide the sliced potatoes into three piles and arrange one-third of the sliced potatoes over the base of a 1.5-litre pie dish, followed by half the chorizo and half the leeks. Season with a pinch of salt, some freshly ground black pepper and half the garlic, then dot with the butter. Add another layer of potatoes, then the remaining chorizo and leeks, season again and add the remainder of the garlic, then add the final layer of potatoes.
3. Bring the cream to the boil in a heavy-based saucepan and pour over the potatoes. Season with a little more salt and ground pepper and sprinkle the parmesan over the top. Season once again, cover the dish with tinfoil and cook in the oven for about 1 hour 30 minutes, removing the foil after 30 minutes. When cooked, the potatoes will be soft and the top golden, with the cream bubbling up the sides of the dish.
4. Serve immediately or keep warm in the oven at the lowest temperature for 30 minutes or so, covering it again with foil to prevent it drying out.
Rate This Recipe