- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 chorizo, sliced
- 1 tbsp sage leaves
- 80 g baby spinach leaves
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 250 ml single cream
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 150 g ricotta cheese
Tips and Suggestions
Serve with crusty bread or on its own as a gluten free option.
1. Heat a 22cm non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the chorizo and sage and cook for 45 minutes or until chorizo is golden and crisp.
2. Add the spinach and toss until wilted. Whisk together the eggs, cream, salt and pepper and pour into the pan.
3. Place spoonfuls of ricotta around the pan, reduce heat to low and cook for 3 minutes. Place the frittata under a preheated hot grill and cook for 2 minutes or until frittata is just set and golden.
4. Serve with thick slices of hot buttered toast.
For more Donna Hay recipes and to view her range of cookery books, visit Donna Hay's website
Rate This Recipe