- Serves: 4 as a side dish
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 500 g small plum or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 spring onions, sliced on the diagonal
- 1 can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 250 g chorizo, sliced
- small bunch flat leaf parsley
Tips and Suggestions
The key to this recipe is really good quality chorizo and deliciously ripe vine tomatoes.
1. Put the plum tomatoes in a mixing bowl with the spring onions and drained cannellini beans.
2. Season with sea salt and a little freshly ground black pepper; then drizzle with some extra virgin olive oil and the vinegar and mix to combine.
3. Heat a frying pan (without any oil - chorizo simply does not need it) and add the chorizo. Cook gently for a couple of minutes on each side. The chorizo will secrete a lot of oil. Do not throw it away! It is delicious if you want to fry a few potatoes in it. Or, add some of the oil to the salad!
4. To serve; transfer the tomato, bean and onion mixture to a serving dish and top with the hot chorizo. Scatter over the chopped parsley and serve at once.
Rate This Recipe