- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 banana shallot, or 2 ordinary shallots, finely sliced
- 20 baby chorizo, or 4 large chorizos
- 2 garlic cloves, unpeeled, roughly crushed
- 250 ml red wine
- 1 handfuls flat leaf parsley, chopped
Tips and Suggestions
Make the dish in advance and store in the fridge, then heat and serve with lots of crusty bread to dip into the unctuous red wine liquor.
1. Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat, then sauté the shallots in it until soft.
2. Add the chorizo to the pan with the garlic and cook gently for a few minutes, turning occasionally, until lightly coloured on all sides.
3. Add the wine and cook until it has reduced to a thick sauce, about 8 minutes. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
4. When the chorizos are cool enough to handle, cut into bite-sized pieces then return to the pan and cook briefly to heat through. Scatter over the parsley before serving.
Rate This Recipe