- Serves: 6
- Cook Time:
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 6 thick slices brown bread, crust removed
- 40 g plain flour
- 120 g brown caster sugar
- 200 g butter
- 150 g strong jam, (rhubarb and ginger jam then add some fresh ginger) or marmalade
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp bicarbonate of soda
1. Preheat the oven to 150C/130C/gas 2. Place the bread into a food processor and blitz to form breadcrumbs. Add the flour and bicarbonate of soda.
2. Heat the jam and butter together in a saucepan, then add the mixture and the eggs to the food processor and blitz together into a light mixture. Add to the dry mix and blend.
3. Pour into pudding bowl, cover with cling film or a fitted lid and put into an oven tray with a couple of inches of water in it. Place in oven for 2 hours, checking water regularly.
4. To serve, use a little of the jam heated to make a thick sauce on top, then serve with custard.
Rate This Recipe