- Serves: 10
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes plus chilling
- Effort: easy
- 300 g white chocolate and cranberry biscuits, (we used Merba cookies)
- 60 g melted butter
- 600 g full fat cream cheese
- 180 g golden caster sugar
- few drops vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 150 ml soured soured cream
- 200 g fresh or frozen cranberries, small handful reserved
- 100 g white chocolate, chopped into small pieces
- icing sugar, for dusting
Tips and Suggestions
The cheesecake should be slightly wobby in the centre when it comes out of the oven.
1. Heat the oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4. Put the biscuits in a plastic bag and bash them with a rolling pin until they resemble fine crumbs. Mix with the melted butter and press into a 20cm spring-form tin. Bake for 5 minutes, then set aside to cool.
2. Beat the cream cheese with the sugar, vanilla, eggs, the yolk and soured cream until light and fluffy. Stir in the cranberries (reserving a small handful) and white chocolate, then pour the mix into the tin. Bake for 35-40 minutes, then leave in the tin to cool completely. Chill for at least an hour before serving.
3. To finish, scatter the remaining cranberries on top and sprinkle over a dusting of icing sugar.
Rate This Recipe