- Serves: Makes about 1kg
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus time for drying
- Effort: easy
- 450 g ground almonds
- 225 g icing sugar
- 225 g caster sugar
- 2 small eggs, beaten
- 1/2 juice lemon
- 1 tbsp sherry
- 1 tsp orange orange flower water
- almond essence
- 250 g quality dark chocolate
1. First sieve the ground almonds, icing sugar and caster sugar into a bowl and mix together.
2. Add the beaten eggs, lemon juice, sherry, orange flower water and almond essence to the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
3. Mould the paste into log shapes and leave them to dry out.
4. Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of simmering water (make sure the bottom of the bowl doesn't touch the water). Dip the dried marzipan logs into the melted chocolate until well covered and leave them on a tray to dry.
Rate This Recipe