- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 400g good quality christmas pudding, rumbled
- 50 ml brandy
- 1 litres vanilla ice cream
- ï¿½ lemons
- 4 egg whites
- 225 g caster sugar
Tips and Suggestions
Cook on a tray on the 3rd set of Runners in the Roasting oven for about 8-12 minutes or until the meringue is golden.
1. Put the Christmas pudding in a bowl and pour over the brandy. Let it stand for 30 minutes to an hour.
2. Soften the ice cream, and then beat in the Christmas pudding so that it is evenly distributed. Shape into a dome on a metal baking tray and refreeze so that it is extremely hard.
3. Set the oven to 180°C/gas 4. To make the snowdrift, make sure your bowl and whisk are scrupulously clean. Rub a lemon half over the beaters and the inside of the bowl.
4. Whisk the egg whites until stiff and glossy, adding the sugar one spoonful at a time until all the sugar is incorporated.
5. Take the ice cream out of the freezer and spread the meringue mix over the ice cream. Bake for 10 minutes, until golden. Serve immediately! Happy Christmas!
Rate This Recipe