- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus 2 hrs refrigeration
- Effort: easy
- 200 ml milk
- 300 ml double cream
- pinch, freshly grated nutmeg
- 6 egg yolks
- 70 g caster sugar
- 120 g christmas pudding
- 250 ml double cream
- 1 tbsp brandy
- amaretti biscuits
- 1 tbsp toasted, flaked almonds
1. Preheat the oven to 110C/gas ¼. Bring the milk and double cream to a boil in a pan with a little freshly grated nutmeg.
2. In a bowl, whisk the egg yolks and sugar together until light.
3. Break up the Christmas pudding and divide it among 4 x 250ml jam jars. Place the jam jars on a baking tray.
4. Once the milk and cream have boiled, pour the mixture over the egg yolks and sugar, whisking all the time.
5. Pour the egg mixture through a sieve into the jam jars. Bake in the oven for 45 minutes.
6. Once cooked, remove from the oven and leave to cool. Transfer to the fridge to chill for 2 hours.
7. To serve, whisk the double cream in a bowl until soft peaks form when the whisk is removed. Pour in the brandy and stir it through.
8. Top each jar with the crushed amoretti biscuits and then dollop over the cream. Finally sprinkle over the toasted almonds and serve.
Rate This Recipe