- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 45 minutes plus refridgerating overnight
- Effort: hard
For the baba ganoush spread:
- 140 g baba ganoush, such as GNosh
- 50 g chestnut purée
- 25 g butter
- 150 g button mushrooms, finely chopped
- 150 g aubergines, finely chopped
- 50 g cooked and peeled chestnuts, finely chopped
- 1 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- large bunch fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 10 ml olive oil
For the pork:
- 450 g pork fillet
- 25 g butter
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 250 g spinach
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 8 slices Parma ham
For the wellington:
- 375 g all butter puff pastry
- 1 egg, beaten with a pinch of salt
Tips and Suggestions
You can find G'Nosh baba ganoush in the chiller section at the supermarket or why not make your own with this simple baba ganoush recipe
1. To make the filling: Place the baba ganoush into a bowl, stir in the chestnut puree and leave to one side. Add the butter to a frying pan, followed by the mushrooms, aubergine, chestnuts, garlic and heat slowly. Youre not looking to necessarily add colour, but you do want to cook the vegetables and remove the water content. Once cooked, add the parsley and stir into the babaghanoush and chestnut puree mix made earlier. Reserve the mixture in the fridge.
2. Add the olive oil to the frying pan and heat. Add the pork fillet, turning regularly until browned on all sides. You will need to do this for approximately 5 minutes to seal in the flavour by colouring the meat. Add the butter and mixed spice. Remove from the heat and baste the fillet in the butter and mixed spice and season with salt and pepper. Remove the pork fillet from the pan and leave to cool.
3. Clean the frying pan with kitchen paper and then wilt the spinach in 20g butter and cinnamon. Once cooked, drain the spinach on kitchen paper to remove any moisture, so it doesnt leak out and make the wellington soggy.
4. To make the roll: Place two sheets of cling film (30x60cm) over a large chopping board and lay out the slices of Parma ham in a vertical row of 8.
5. Remove the baba ganoush mixture from the fridge and spread over the Parma ham followed by a layer of the wilted spinach. Place the pork fillet on one side of the Parma ham and roll tightly in the cling film. Leave this in the fridge overnight to set.
6. To make the Wellington: Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Take the pork fillet roll out of the fridge and remove the cling film. Roll out the puff pastry to a 5mm thickness, and place the pork fillet roll on the bottom side of the pastry, moisten the rest of the pastry with egg wash, and roll the pastry over into a parcel creating a seal around the pork.
7. Place the spiced pork and chestnut wellington on to a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper. Brush the remaining egg wash over the wellington and bake in the oven for approximately 25-30 minutes or until the pastry has risen and is golden brown.
8. Remove from the oven and leave to rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing the pork should be nice and pink inside.
Rate This Recipe