- Serves: makes 14 50ml shots
- Prep Time: 10 minutes plus 1 hour chilling
- Effort: easy
- 700 ml bottle of tequila
- 1-2 pomegranate
1. Pop a bottle of good-quality tequila in the freezer for an hour, along with a shot glass for each of your guests.
2. Cut your pomegranates in half and take their seeds out. The easy way to do this is to hold one half of a pomegranate cut-side down in your hand and bash the top of it with a spatula so the seeds come tumbling out make sure youve got a bowl underneath to catch them all!
3. Fill your shot glasses with pomegranate seeds, pour in your iced tequila and depending on your style either sip it, or knock it back. Don't swallow until you've crunched the pomegranate seeds because they add a real burst of fragrance and flavour in your mouth. Delicious!
©(2009) Jamie Oliver Enterprises. Photographer: David Loftus
Rate This Recipe