- Serves: 6-8
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 200 g chicken livers
- olive oil, for frying
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 200 g minced pork
- 75 g pine nuts
- 100 g raisins
- ½ bunches sage, leaves only, roughly chopped
- 1 splashes red wine, or mulled wine
- about 100 g fresh breadcrumbs
1. Clean the chicken livers, removing and discarding any greenish or sinewy bits. Roughly chop them and set aside.
2. Heat a dash of olive oil in a large pan over a medium heat and fry the onion until softened but not coloured, about 10 minutes.
3. Reduce the heat to low and add the chicken livers and pork mince. Use a wooden spoon to break the mince up and mix together.
4. Add the pine nuts, raisins, sage and parsley, and season with salt and pepper. Pour in a splash of red wine (or mulled wine), stir again and then take the pan off the heat you should avoid cooking the meat at this stage.
5. Put the stuffing in a bowl and set it aside to cool.
6. Stir the breadcrumbs into the mixture then use your hands to shape it into small balls.
7. Heat a little olive oil in a frying pan and fry the stuffing balls until cooked through. Serve alongside your favourite roast dinner.
Rate This Recipe