- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 x 275 g salmon steaks
- 1/4 tsp shredded kaffir lime peel
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1.5 tbsp red curry paste
- 125 g coconut cream
- 1.5 tbsp fish sauce
- 1.25 tbsp sugar
- 1 red chilli, sliced lengthways
- 4 lime leaves, shredded
1. Heat a steamer and cook the salmon steaks for about 6-8 minutes. Remove from the heat.
2. While the salmon is cooking, make the sauce. Pound the Kaffir lime peel and shallots to a paste.
3. Heat the oil in a wok, and stir-fry the shallot paste and red curry paste over a low heat for 2-3 minutes.
3. Add the coconut cream and stir constantly until the oil rises to the surface. Stir in the fish sauce and add the sugar and red chilli.
4. Place the salmon on a platter and garnish with the shredded Kaffir lime leaves before serving.
Rate This Recipe