- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 100 g walnuts
- 1 bunches mint, leaves only
- 1 bunches basil, leaves only
- 50 g parmesan, grated
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 100-150 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 French-trimmed racks of lamb, about 7 bones each, cut into cutlets
1. Heat a dry frying pan over a medium heat. When hot, add the walnuts and cook, stirring constantly, until they are fragrant and lightly browned. Transfer to a heatproof bowl to cool.
2. When the nuts are cool, place them in a food processor with the mint, basil, cheese, lemon juice, garlic and some salt and pepper. Process until the herbs are finely chopped.
3. With the machine running, gradually pour in 75ml of the olive oil until the mixture is smooth. Adjust the seasoning to taste and set aside while you cook the lamb.
4. Heat a ridged griddle pan over a high heat until smoking hot. Alternatively, use a preheated grill or frying pan. Lightly oil the lamb cutlets and season them with salt and pepper. Working in batches as necessary, cook for 2 minutes on each side or until they are done to your liking.
5. Serve the cutlets hot, drizzled with the mint pesto.
Rate This Recipe