- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 50 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 1 large clove garlic, finely chopped
- 900 g tomatoes, chopped
- 1 large pinches sugar
- 1 finger chilli, finely chopped
- 1 large bunches coriander, leaves only, finely chopped
Tips and Suggestions
This sauce will keep in the fridge for several days. It also freezes very well.
1. Heat the oil in a heavy-based pan and cook the onions slowly until soft and caramelised.
2. Add the garlic, tomatoes, sugar, chilli and a small pinch of salt and cook gently for 15-20 minutes.
3. Stir in the chopped coriander.
Rate This Recipe